Composing strong topics for a winning argumentative research paper
What is an argumentative research paper?
- An argumentative research paper allows the writer to select an issue or problem to discuss in the paper.
- The argumentative research paper allows the writer to present their position on the issue or problem.
- The research paper gives the writer the chance to present the positive and negative side of their position.
- The argumentative research paper gives the writer the ability to provide evidence, facts, and material to support their position.
- The paper allows the writer to present their viewpoint in a way that will persuade the targeted reader to agree with the position.
How to format a good argumentative research paper?
- The Introduction Paragraph should be: no more than 2 paragraphs; state the purpose of the paper; state the topic (problem or issue); and must be interesting to the reader.
- The Background Paragraph should be: an optional paragraph in the paper; this paragraph gives the foundation for the writer’s argument; and gives a summary of what will be discussed in the research paper.
- The Body Paragraphs should: provide a separate paragraph for each main point (supports the writer’s position); provide evidence, facts, and materials for each main point; and clearly support the writer’s viewpoint on the topic.
- The Counter-Argument Paragraph should: provide the cons of the writer’s position on the topic and provide the opposite view of the topic.
- The Conclusion Paragraph should: state why the writer’s position is important; explain why the reader should agree with the writer’s position; and reiterates the main points of the writer’s argument.
How to select a good topic for an argumentative research paper?
- The writer should pay close attention to events and issues happening near them.
- The topic should be interesting to the writer.
- The topic should have positive and negative viewpoints.
- The topic should be current, trendy, and relevant.
- The topic should not only affect the writer, but affect others as well.
- The topic should have so much complexity that it can be discussed from different angles.
- Do not choose a topic that has been discussed before like abortion and right to bear arms.
Other tips on selecting a good topic for an argumentative essay:
- Should ensure that one’s personal feelings on the topic will not interfere with one writing a good research paper.
- Should ensure that the topic is searchable and has enough materials to conduct research.
- Should only select a position on the topic, once weigh all the positions on the topic.
Professional essay services (writing, editing, proofreading) - get your essays written or edited by expert writer.